- The club has a large selection of speed skates available to rent: rental can be specified during the registration process.
- Skates are sized using European sizes (e.g. 30 - 45), but we have conversion charts to help you get sized correctly.
- A skate rental fee includes the use of one pair of skates for the duration of the season. The skates must be well maintained and use of guards off ice is mandatory. Skates shall be kept with the skater for the duration of the season.
- Skates must be returned in good condition, with any minor repairs completed and laces replaced, as required.
- During the season skates may be changed with the consent of a Club Representative or Coach.
- A cheque of $400 is required as a skate rental damage deposit, which must be post-dated for April 1. The cheque will be destroyed when the skates are returned at end of the season in good condition.
- Speed-skates are very different from hockey or figure skates in their construction and care.
- They must be sharpened by hand: NEVER sharpen them as you would a hockey skate.
- We hold skate sharpening clinics at the beginning of the season and the equipment needed is available in our club room.
- Full instructions can be found in the "Skate Sharpening Instructions" document. A big "Thank You" goes to the VSSC coaches for composing this excellent document.